Brilliant Technology Solutions is seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test for a major hotel brand.
The Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) will ensure that the developed software meets requirements. He or she will be responsible for performing QA/UAT, developing test plans and test scripts, and supporting test efforts, and coaching other SDETs on the team.
• Work closely with product, design, and development team members to understand business requirements and to communicate problem impacts/risks
• Create and execute test plans and scripts that accurately and reliably assess application quality.
• Analyze test results to discover and report defects, following best practices as defined by the team.
• Develop, maintain, and enhance automation tests and framework libraries to verify the functionality and reliability of our software (Java, Groovy, Kotlin)
• Conduct regular code reviews to ensure that object-oriented design best practices are followed at all times. Automation code should be easy to extend and support
• Be knowledgeable in the features for which the team is responsible; in collaboration with peers, develop quality assurance measures and testing standards.
• Communicate test progress, test results, and quality of application changes
• Set standards in and coach other QAs in test environment and data setup and management
• Apply a thorough understanding of relevant technology to deliver robust test suites. (web technologies, REST APIs, web services, physical devices, Java, XML, JS, CSS, and HTML)
• Create and maintain CI/CD pipelines for automated testing (Jenkins, Azure, etc.)
• Use creativity and initiative to improve product test reliability, coverage, and accuracy.
• The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• 5+ years direct experience as an SDET for major application integration and/or major application product release
• Experience working collaboratively with peers and coaching more junior team members
• Proficiency in analyzing business requirements and creating relevant plans and scripts that provide thorough test coverage.
• Proficiency in documenting defects with high level of detail and accuracy, following standards as defined by the team.
• Excellent written and oral communication, active listening, and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in version control systems like Git and Subversion
• Proficiency in Java, XML, JS, CSS and HTML
• Proficiency in testing APIs/services (REST and SOAP) using SoapUI, Postman or equivalent tools
• Proficiency in cross browser, cross platform web and mobile testing with SauceLabs or equivalent tools
• Deep expertise in Java and/or Groovy, test automation frameworks, Selenium/Appium
• Proficiency in searching system logs and troubleshooting potential defects. (Splunk or similar tools)
• Direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs, automated testing tools, and reporting software
• Proficiency in the preparation/maintenance of test data and test scripts.
• Strong knowledge of software testing best practices and methodologies.
• Direct hands-on experience with continuous integration and deployment tools like Jenkins
• Thorough understanding of Agile/Scrum development process.
• Demonstrable skills in writing JUnit or TestNG tests
BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience