Brilliant is an award-winning direct-hire, contract and consulting practice specializing in accounting, finance and technology for the Midwest and Southeast regions of the U.S. Many of Brilliant’s team members include former accounting, finance and technology professionals who are experts in the fields.
Since its inception in 2009, Brilliant has ranked on various lists including Forbes America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms four years in a row (No. 2 in 2018), Forbes America’s Best Executive Recruiting Firms (2020 & 2017), Crain’s Chicago Business Fast 50 for five straight years (No. 1 in 2015), Staffing Industry Analysts Fastest-Growing U.S. Staffing Firms (No. 2 in 2015), ClearlyRated’s Best of Staffing Talent five years in a row, ClearlyRated’s Best of Staffing Client, Inc. 5000, Best Places to Work South Florida (2019 & 2017), 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® six consecutive years, and others.
Brilliant Financial Search specializes in the direct-hire (permanent) placement of accounting, finance, tax, and audit professionals through the use of retained and contingency searches. Many of the roles we place include Staff Accountant, Senior Accountant, Accounting Manager, Controller, Financial Analyst, Tax Manager, Internal Audit, Financial Reporting Manager and Chief Financial Officer.
Brilliant Financial Search is seeking an ambitious and enthusiastic Financial Search Manager to join a growing team and work passionately selling direct hire search services and filling open accounting and finance roles for its clients. The Financial Search Manager's role is a mix of hunting for prospective candidates and clients, client visits, candidate interviews, placement coordination and account management. This position requires clear communication internally and externally, strong organizational skills, resiliency, and a solution focused mindset!
- Researches various social media sites and our internal system daily to compile lists of names of potential candidates or potential hiring companies/clients.
- Contacts prospective candidates in the core practice fields of accounting, finance, audit, and tax daily to identify those actively and passively searching for new opportunities.
- Conducts interviews of candidates to assess skill sets, personality, and job search criteria.
- Contacts prospective clients in the core practice fields of accounting, finance, audit, and tax daily to identify current or future hiring needs.
- Meets with client contacts to learn more about the organization and its hiring needs with the intention of selling Brilliant search and staffing solutions.
- Negotiates fees with clients and establishes project timelines/goals.
- Matches candidates with client requirements and schedules interviews between potential candidates and clients.
- Prepares candidates and clients for interviews during the hiring process.
- Debriefs clients and candidates after interviews to assess the fit between the two parties.
- Negotiates the terms of the offer between the two parties and establishes timelines for resignation and start date.
- Establishes regular follow-up with clients and candidates post-hire to ensure that objectives and goals have been met.
- Develops relationships cross functionally with other Brilliant team members to facilitate sales and recruiting pipelines across multiple divisions.
- Researches and keeps current on hiring trends, labor market conditions, competitors, and the candidate market to be a trusted business adviser on our industry and customer needs.
- Documents all aspects of business development and client communication activities in our ATS and CRM systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related area.
- 3+ years of professional experience in accounting, finance, quota carrying sales, recruiting, or customer facing roles required.
- Prior experience in the staffing industry, outside business to business (B2B) sales and/or of consultative selling is a plus.
- Strong proficiency in technology tools such as Microsoft products, database systems, and mobile applications.
- Strong aptitude in developing rapport and relationships with individuals at a variety of levels
- Soft skills required – strong drive, persistence, consistency, organization, time management, written and verbal communication.