A large retail organization is seeking a qualified Senior Accountant - Inventory to join its accounting team. The Senior Accountant – Inventory monitors and controls inventory, creates regional distribution center and transportation journal entries and account analysis, and creates complex financial reports and analyses.
- Prepares journal entries that impact inventory accounts as well as the Regional Distribution Centers and Transportation activities
- Analyzes stock inventory adjustments on a regular basis for significant variances
- Prepares account analysis for balance sheet accounts relating to Inventory, Cash, Prepaids, Accounts Receivable, and Accrued Liabilities
- Analyzes and reconciles vendor returns for regional distribution centers
- Creates analytical schedules supporting various balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Is a resource for field personnel on the accounting impact of inventory adjustments and accounting transactions
- Works with other departments to reconcile accounts
- Prepares specialty business and benefits financial statements
- Prepares inventory reports for management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 3+ years accounting experience in manufacturing, retail, or distribution with exposure to inventory.
- Skill in multi-tasking, time management, and prioritizing responsibilities.
- Ability to follow specific procedures and guidelines.
- Knowledge of a large ERP experience and strong Excel skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaboration, problem solving, results oriented, strategic thinker, ability to establish clear objective.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must work with a sense of urgency and produce high volume of work with accuracy.
- Strong problem solving skills.