Our client is an industry leading medical device manufacturing organization that is seeking a strong Cost Accountant to join its team. The Cost Accountant will report to the Plant Controller and will be responsible for standard costing, inventory and fixed asset accounting functions within the plant.
- Monthly reconciliation of perpetual inventory to General Ledger
- Monthly analysis and reconciliation of cost of goods sold
- Participate in and report on quarterly and annual physical inventories
- Work closely with the manufacturing line managers to ensure transactions are recorded properly
- Continuous Review of BOMs with Engineers
- Monthly & Periodic Freight Analysis, costs by product line
- BS degree in Accounting
- 2+ years of experience in cost accounting with a manufacturing organization.
- Strong analytical and accounting research skills
- Ability to understand and develop alternative solutions for issues and concerns.
- Strong attention to detail. Able to work with detail information, while also being able to perceive and define the larger/underlying issues and drivers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad group of users with different backgrounds and languages.