An automotive / tech client of ours in the west suburbs of Chicago is seeking a full-time Senior Manager (Indirect Tax) to join their team (100% in Office).
Experience with Indirect Tax required (including but not limited to Sales & Use Tax, Value Added Tax, Real and Personal Property Tax, and other indirect tax returns.
- Responsible for leading all aspects of the Sales & Use Tax, VAT, and Property Tax compliance process including tax research, continuous improvement, and data transformation
- Review and approve Personal Property Tax return returns prepared by a third-party provider
- Manage real estate tax appeals providers to achieve favorable results
- Perform research of applicable tax laws and prepare documentation of analysis and tax impact
- Monitor, analyze, and communicate relevant legislative/regulatory developments
- Collaborate with Finance and Accounting on tax and accounting issues
- Lead the identification and implementation of new technologies and process improvements
- Leverages best practices and knowledge to provide recommendations to improve tax processes
- Prepare tax research memoranda to document tax positions and conclusions
- Manage external tax audits conducted by various jurisdictions and prepare responses to information requests and notices
- Manage multiple projects, including third parties, to facilitate quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Develop, train, and review work performed by team members
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting or business-related field from an accredited college or university
- 10 + years of work-related experience preferred not required
- Experience and knowledge in all areas of Indirect Income tax
- Strong tax research and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of general ledger and financial systems
- Strong complex problem solving and analytical abilities; continuous improvement mindset
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to organize, manage and work effectively to accomplish multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and with an in-house tax team, government entities, and external advisors to reach tax goals, and complete time-sensitive projects with internal and external deadlines.
- Experience with automated tax systems (such as Vertex or other sales tax preparation software), Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint); experience with Alteryx is preferred
- CPA, MST, or JD is preferred