Our client, located in the western suburbs (near Downers Grove), is looking for a person to join their accounting team. Hybrid role (2 days in office). The primary purpose of this position is to actively support the Controller and provide month-end close and analytical support. Lease accounting and change management experience is preferred. Prior experience in Microsoft Dynamics SL or Workday is also a plus.
- Understand the Firm’s business processes and goals and ensure that the accounting function consistently supports and enhances them.
- Understand the day-to-day responsibilities of the accounting department and the roles and responsibilities of the department staff.
- Participate in multi-faceted projects, partnering with other support departments to enhance and improve financial performance and data from systems.
- Collect and analyze data and financial and business metrics used by the company and senior management.
- Provide timely, accurate and relevant financial information as requested.
- Perform general ledger-related duties.
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Closely monitor the General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll.
- Participate in the budget process.
- Prepare forecasts and cash flow projections.
- Assist with monthly and year-end closes.
- Prepare schedules and analyses for the annual fiscal year review by the outside audit firm.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; major in Accounting required.
- CPA is highly desirable.
- 5+ years’ experience in an accounting or finance position.
- Experience in a public accounting firm is desirable.
- Previous experience with information systems for finance and accounting is required (knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics SL or Workday is a plus).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong financial analytical skills including ability to drill down into root cause and understand/articulate underlying business reasons.
- Familiarity with financial planning and forecasting.
- Strong understanding of basic accounting principles (GAAP) used in financial statement preparation, knowledge of accrual accounting, and understanding of all financial statements.