Assistant Controller / Sr. Consultant
A growing, dynamic organization is seeking a strong Assistant Controller / Sr. Consultant to join its corporate accounting team. The Assistant Controller / Sr. Consultant will report to the VP/Corporate Controller and will be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of financial accounting data in a variety of areas.
- Support full cycle month-end and year-end close process including GL Accounting, Intercompany Reconciliations
- Prepare monthly journal entries and supporting schedules (accruals, depreciation, amortization)
- Manage all aspects of the general ledger
- Perform monthly reconciliations of various accounts
- Maintain monthly Balance Sheet accounts reconciliation & fixed assets schedules
- Draft technical accounting memorandum, as needed
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensuring all accounting practices are in compliance with legal guidelines and established accounting principles
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Assists with year-end financial statement audit and compliance
- Responsible for administrative functions such as contract review, banking relations and corporate filings.
- Coordinates with and prepares reports for VP/Corporate Controller and upper management
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
- Experience with QB's &/or MS Dynamics
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Public accounting (Big 4 preferred), publicly traded company and/or audit experience preferred
- Experience with financial statement preparation for all types of legal entities in accordance with US GAAP (US General Accepted Accounting Principles) and IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards).
- Experience with general ledger functions and hands on full cycle month-end/year end close process
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Skilled in time management and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and must be comfortable working independently and in a team environment