Brilliant is an employee-centric and award winning staffing firm serving the Chicago, South Florida and Dallas job markets. We specialize in placing Accounting, Finance and Technology professionals of all levels for interim staff augmentation, retained & direct hire searches, and complex consulting engagements. Our Financial Staffing Division is seeking an ambitious and enthusiastic Business Development Manager (BDM) to join a growing team and work passionately filling accounting roles for their clients. The BDM's role is an even blend of phone calls, in person client visits, account management and cross-selling initiatives. As a Business Development Manager, you will work in our largest market, coordinating operational and managerial level consultant engagements. This requires clear communication internally and externally, strong organizational skills, resiliency and a solution focused mindset!
Role and Responsibilities:
The Business Development Manager reports into the Division Director and collaborates closely with the recruiting team in a fast pace, metric driven environment.
- Builds and manages a target list of new and existing client companies from various industries and verticals
- Source, prospect and track client contacts to identify key decision makers and develop client retention
- Blend client research and routine contact to develop and maintain trusting client relationships
- Perform outbound marketing campaigns of our accounting talent and placement services
- Own the relationship between Brilliant and the customers in your portfolio through consistent face to face meetings, presentations, phone calls, and emails
- Develop and own all aspects of quoting, pricing and contract negotiating
- Co-manage active assignments by keeping in regular communication with customers and Brilliant contract employees
- Strategize and collaborate with internal business units to leverage existing client relationships
- Research and keep current on hiring trends, labor market, competitors and the candidate market in order to be a trusted business adviser on our industry and customer needs
- Document all aspects of business development and client communication activities in our ATS and CRM systems
- Actively engage in routine group and individual training relating to all aspects of business development and company standard operating procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related area
- 3+ years of professional experience; sales and/or customer facing preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft products, Applicant Tracking Systems and/or CRM
- High drive and activity in appointment setting, client visits and follow up
- Strong aptitude in developing rapport and relationships with clients
- Experience in the staffing industry, outside business to business (B2B) sales and/or of consultative selling is a plus
- Soft skills required; strong drive, persistence, consistency, organization, great client interaction, and articulate written and verbal communication