Accounts Payable Analyst, Medical Rebates (Contract: 6-9 months)
Our client, a leading organization in the medical industry, is actively seeking a qualified Accounts Payable Analyst for a contract role focused on Medical Rebates. The contract’s duration is expected to be 6 to 9 months (with the potential of being extended). This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to broaden their experience in Medicaid utilization and rebate management within a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
The Accounts Payable Analyst, Medical Rebates, will be responsible for an expansive range of assignments related to Medicaid utilization and rebate management. They will be tasked with handling various aspects of government rebate invoices, from their receipt and validation to dispute resolution and final processing. This position will interact closely with state agencies, third party organizations, and internal departments, ensuring both accuracy and timeliness in rebate payments. It's a pivotal role that requires a blend of technical expertise and interpersonal skills.
- Coordinate the receipt, validation, and processing of government rebate invoices, including but not limited to Medicaid Fee for Service, Managed Medicaid, and State Supplemental Rebates.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of all claims, including adjustments for prior quarters.
- Collaborate with state agencies to swiftly resolve disputes and discrepancies and communicate outcomes to management.
- Investigate and challenge any inconsistencies in rebate claims.
- Keep meticulous documentation to substantiate disputes and adjustments.
- Coordinate with the Accounts Payable team to facilitate timely payments to state agencies as mandated by law.
- Work with senior-level pricing analysts to prepare monthly financials and reports.
- Update and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the relevant system, ensuring compliance with all related regulations.
- Participate in system maintenance, data validation, and version upgrades for the rebate system.
- Undertake special analytical projects with minimal supervision.
- Prioritize tasks effectively to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function both independently and within a team.
- Strong communication skills across different departments and levels within the organization.
- Operate in accordance with relevant ethical guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or related field, or Associate's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Rebates experience is a must.
- Accounts Payable experience is a must.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Familiarity with SAP R/3 and Vistex applications is a plus.
- Demonstrable organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines.
- Openness to learning and skills development.
- Strong team player attitude.