Our client is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer. The client is in the trading industry and this position will be a part of the systems team. The Senior Systems Engineer is a direct hire role located in Chicago, IL.
- Focus on instillation, operation and maintenance of all hardware and enterprise software for the organization.
- Provide expertise and insight for the infrastructure to drive the internal trading software by working with the software development, quality assurance and application support teams.
- Manage large scale projects as required.
- Oversee office, data center and trading floor systems infrastructure.
- Maintain written standards for physical server placement and data center design layout.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems
- 7-10+ years’ experience in software engineering
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with colleagues across different functional groups and locations
- Develop backup and recovery solutions
- Excellent grasp of computer networking fundamentals
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Windows Operating Systems: Windows Server 2016/2019, Windows 10
- Enterprise Applications: Microsoft Active Directory
- Virtualization: Microsoft Hyper-V/Citrix
- SQL Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Cluster Service
- Networking: DNS, DHCP, Windows File Servers
- Software Deployments: Microsoft SCCM, PDQ Deploy
- PowerShell, or other scripting languages
- Enterprise Monitoring Tools: Solarwinds, Nagios, or others