Brilliant Technology Staffing is looking for a Senior Network Engineer. This position is a client facing leadership role within the client’s company. The Senior Network Engineer is a contract-to-hire role located in Chicago, IL.
- Work on project that have new deployments, assessments, upgrades, consulting, and break fix.
- Act as an escalation point for other engineers across teams.
- Contribute to the presale’s process by reviewing Statements of Work.
- Assist the sales team by providing Subject Matter Expertise (SME).
- Work independently and exercise reasonable judgement with little supervision while providing clear evidence and results of activities and accomplishments.
- Manage a ticket queue, work on multiple issues at once, while providing regular updates to customers and co-workers.
- Experience with network monitoring and management tools, including network sniffers.
- 8+ years of experience with configuration, troubleshooting and administration with Cisco routing and switching (BGP, OSPF, HSRP etc.).
- Knowledge of the networking requirements of VoIP, Video, QoS.
- Cisco PIX /ASA/FTD – experience with another firewall vendors is a plus.
- CCIE Certification.
- Ability to travel outside the Chicago land area on seldom occasions.