A dynamic consumer products organization that is growing rapidly is seeking a strong Financial Analyst to join its corporate finance team. The Financial Analyst will report to the Manager of FP&A up to the Director of Finance, up to the VP of Finance. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis for a specified region/business unit of the organization.
- Responsible for working with Sales and Marketing team to assist in development financial business plan and track, explaining variances on an ongoing basis.
- Support the preparation of the annual budget, long term operating plan, and monthly/quarterly forecasts for an assigned region/business unit
- Analyze financial variances against budget, forecast, and prior actual performance
- Prepare financial reporting package for senior management encompassing financial statements, analysis reports, and KPI dashboards
- Assist in monthly, yearly, and quarterly close activities, including the preparation of financial statements
- Identify and implement process improvements within the responsibilities and functionality of the group
- Ad hoc analysis, projects, and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 1+ years of added analytical experience (previous experience supporting sales and marketing a must).
- Experience with Microsoft suite of products with intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- SAP experience an asset.
- Strong knowledge of various ERP and reporting systems required
- Excellent communication skills