Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Perform monthly closing activities including excel reports and packages
- Perform GL account analysis and journal entries
- Evaluate the financial statements and reports for accuracy and identify problem areas and suggest methods of correction
- Prepare annual budgets and monthly forecasts for the company
- Maintain fixed asset log with depreciation and lapsing schedules for both book and tax
- Prepare and distribute daily reports
- Prepare ad-hoc financial reports
- Technical skills in account reconciliation; and month-end close responsibilities.
- Ability to grasp technical issues and comfortable working within a technological and changing environment
- Strong problem analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency within Microsoft Excel
- Manufacturing industry experience highly preferred