Brilliant Financial Staffing has been engaged in the search for a Staff Accountant for one of our clients in the manufacturing industry, located in Bartlett, IL. The accounting department is looking to grow the team and is looking for a reliable candidate. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for all aspects of accounting including preparing journal entries, reconciling records across departments, identifying root causes of variance, and proposing plans to resolve variances. Support AP, AR, general ledger accounting, audit, and forecasting. The Staff Accountant will be brought on a direct-hire basis and would be required to be onsite everyday. Qualified candidates will be considered immediately and begin the interview process.
Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- Complete financial reporting, analysis, and reconciliation and assist month-end and year-end closings
- Perform financial Reporting, Analysis, and General Ledger Accounting
- Accurately analyses and reviews financial data and reconcile differences
- Prepares financial reports for both internal and external purposes, and resolves diverse accounting and finance issues
- Monitors and reports potential financial issues and risks while providing solid solutions when issues surface
- Performs accounts payable/receivable duties and month-end and year-end reporting
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of accounting in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), applicable regulations, and senior financial policies and procedures.
- Develop, improve, and maintain financial modeling to improve efficiency for cash reporting, budget, and forecast.
- Develop solid tools to streamline, consolidate and report profitability by business units. Contribute to the development of the annual operating budget.
Staff Accountant Qualifications:
- Knowledge and Adherence to GAAP and Senior's Financial Policies, processes, and Procedures
- Must have previous manufacturing experience
- Minimum of 5+ years experience
- Self-starter with excellent communication skills who has the ability to implement change, work independently and with others, and can work under strict deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or associate degree – highly preferred