Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- Handle monthly bill payments, bank and credit card reconciliations using QuickBooks.
- Maintain excellent electronic and physical filing systems.
- Prepare and record daily deposits and expenses.
- Develop monthly and annual budgets as well as financial reports for the Board and other reports as needed.
- Monitor online contributions and donor acknowledgements are sent.
- Support a capital campaign with physical and electronic filing systems and timely correspondence and receipts.
- On-going front-office administrative tasks such as file maintenance, correspondence, mailings, greetings guests, problem-solving, etc.
- Other projects as needed.
Staff Accountant Qualifications:
- 5+ years of related experience
- Strong Excel skills, creating Pivot Tables and V-LOOKUPS
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- Willingness to take on various accounting tasks from AP/AR to Financial Statement preparation
- Non-profit experience is a plus
- QuickBooks experience is a plus