Immediate opening for an energetic financial minded person to join a dynamic real estate team. To act as a liaison between Investors, Investor Relations Team, and Accounting Team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Investor Relations Accounting (60% of time)
- Ability to seek out relevant information from others (i.e., co-workers, other employees in the office, Investors, banks, etc.)
- Track daily subscriptions for multiple funds and maintain investment records accuracy and integrity.
- Reconcile Master fundraise workbook, with sub account records.
- Work with investor relationship team and investors to resolve issues with investor’s records including resolving payment issues.
- Work with custodians to resolve distribution questions.
- Update key personnel of daily funds raised by REIT.
- Receive Accounts Payable Invoices and ensure proper coding and approvals for each invoice.
- Review all accounts payable invoices for accuracy.
- Prepare professional fee invoice tracking schedule across all entities.
- Prepare and reconcile monthly intercompany transactions between affiliated business entities.
- Process monthly investor distribution checks.
- Assist with providing investor information to the auditors and tax preparers for the legal entities and funds and distribution of Form K-1’s to investors.
Administrative Role (20% of time)
- Provide administrative support to the Accounting Team with coordination of the financial audits and regulatory filings with the various states and Securities and Exchange Commission
- Pick up inter office mail.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- College graduate preferable with a business degree
- Effective communication skills
- Energetic Problem Solver
- Self-motivated, comfortable taking initiative.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Must have strong proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Word, Excel, and Power Point. Proficiency researching the Internet.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Experience in the real estate industry
- Accounting and/or Finance Degree
- Experience with Investment Firms
- Experience with Appfolio,or Crowdengines a plus
- Experience with MRI or Yardi