Role – Senior Accountant (Payroll Accounting)
*Hybrid – mostly remote with 2/3 days in office a month*
The Senior Corporate Accountant will focus on areas such as revenue, accounts receivables, allowance for implied price concession, Union insurance, and analytical procedures. The group is responsible for understanding the outputs from the Company’s various billing systems to accurately report actual and
estimated revenue. The Senior Accountant reports to the Corporate Accounting Manager and is a growth focused learner with emphasis on judgmental and potential complex matters.
• Prepare regular payroll reports, conduct periodic audits and reconciliations of payroll accounts, analyze payroll data to provide insight.
• Work independently and critically think through complex and judgmental matters.
• Work with existing third-party resources to fully transition close processes in-house.
• Partner with the Chief Accounting Officer, Corporate Controller, Accounting Manager and other appropriate parties on the implementation and execution of internal controls over financial reporting with an objective of building a SOX-compliant accounting department.
• Execute controls, including account reconciliations, and support inquiries from third-party auditors.
• Proactively communicate risks, opportunities, challenges and regular updates on progress to accounting group management.
• Actively participate in ongoing company-wide projects and process improvement workstreams, assessing the impact on the accounting organization and participating in the team’s involvement with these projects.
• Support the strategic financial and operational initiatives of the company.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work with senior management.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to manage large amounts of data accurately and efficiently.
• Strong team player who collaborates well with others.
• Adapts well to change and comfortable with ambiguity in a new and evolving role critical to the Company’s future success.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required, CPA preferred not required.
• Four (4) or more years of experience in day-to-day accounting; may be either a mix of corporate accounting and national public accounting firm experience or all corporate accounting.
• Experience with SOX compliance required.
• Accounting degree required, CPA license preferred.
• Level-appropriate understanding of US GAAP.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel.
Added - 05/23/23
34172 | Senior Accountant (Payroll Accounting)
Chicago, Illinois | Direct Hire
Job DescriptionBack to Listings
Added - 05/23/232023-05-23Brillianthttps://www.brilliantfs.com
Chicago, Illinois, US | Direct Hire
Sign Up for Job Alerts Back to Listings