Brilliant Financial Staffing has been engaged in the search for an Accounts Payable Specialist with our client located in Downtown Chicago, IL. Our client is a leading organization within the legal industry, and they are looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join its accounting team on a Direct Hire Basis. The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for reviewing and paying invoices in a timely manner consistent with accounting department policies. The Accounts Payable Specialist will be required to be onsite fully for training and then will move to a hybrid work schedule.
- Enter vendor invoices and vendor invoice upload files
- Investigate and resolve any issues that may arise during the procedure and make appropriate modifications.
- Review supplier invoices to ensure sales and use taxes are recorded correctly in financial system.
- Coordinate payment by processing checks and post to the accounting system
- Audit, enter and process payment of foreign vendor invoices
- Analyze and respond to both vendor and employee inquiries regarding payments in process
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a business related field preferred
- 3+ years of related accounts payable experience required
- Experience with Microsoft suite of products with intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with ERP and reporting systems preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have strong attention to detail