The Senior Accountant position will actively support the Controller and provide analytical support to the Chief Financial Officer. It is a great opportunity to learn all aspects of the business and contribute to the overall success of the firm.
- Understand the Firm’s business processes and goals and ensure that the accounting function consistently supports and enhances them.
- Understand the day-to-day responsibilities of the accounting department and the roles and responsibilities of the department staff.
- Participate in multi-faceted projects, partnering with other support departments to enhance and improve financial performance and data from systems.
- Collect and analyze data and financial and business metrics used by the company and senior management.
- Provide timely, accurate and relevant financial information as requested.
- Perform general ledger-related duties.
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Closely monitor the General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll.
- Participate in the budget process.
- Prepare forecasts and cash flow projections.
- Assist with monthly and year-end closes.
- Prepare schedules and analyses for the annual fiscal year review by the outside audit firm
- Bachelor’s Degree required; major in Accounting required.
- A CPA is highly desirable.
- 5+ years’ experience in an accounting or finance position.
- Experience in a public accounting firm is desirable.
- Previous experience with information systems for finance and accounting is required (knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics SL or Workday is a plus).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Hybrid schedule, but a minimum of 2 work days per week will be conducted in an office environment.