Role - Senior Auditor
A dynamic global organization that is an industry leader in its field is seeking a strong Senior Auditor to join its team. The Senior Auditor will report to the Director of Internal Audit and will be responsible for leading financial, operational, and SOX based engagements across multiple locations and business units. The organization uses internal audit as a feeder into strategic leadership roles within corporate headquarters and specific business units.
- Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- Review and evaluate the internal control environment and develop specific analyses of strengths and weaknesses, along with recommended improvements.
- Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and administers surveys, composes summary memos, and prepares working papers.
- Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
- Communicates or assists in communicating effectively the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports, which are complete and prepared in a timely manner.
- Informs management of progress and/or difficulties encountered during the audit.
- BS degree in Accounting required and CPA preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in public accounting (external audit) or experience within a corporation’s internal audit function.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices.
- Ability to detect and document weaknesses in internal controls.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including advanced Excel functionality.
- Strong analytical and technical accounting research skills
- Ability to understand and develop alternative solutions for issues and concerns.
- Strong attention to detail. Able to work with detail information, while also being able to perceive and define the larger/underlying issues and drivers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad group of users with different backgrounds and languages.
- Ability to coordinate resources required for completion of tasks/projects.