Senior Financial Analyst
A dynamic global organization that is an industry leader in its field is seeking a strong Senior Financial Analyst to join its corporate finance team. The Senior Financial Analyst will report to the VP of Finance and will be responsible for budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis for a specified region/business unit of the organization.
- Collaborates with senior leaders to determine reporting needs by the department
- Assist with the annual budget and monthly reforecast preparation
- Partner with business owners to obtain information regarding variances and determine budgets
- Run financial reports from Hyperion
- Extract data to model in Excel analysis as needed
- Produce the monthly management reporting decks for presentation
- Communicate timelines and objectives to upper management
- Conduct regular financial reviews with management
- Examine actual results compared to budgets/forecasts and forward-looking opportunities/risks?
- Prepare reports such as historical financial reporting, budgets, forecasts, financial plans, etc.?
- Participates in the review, interpretation, and analysis of key performance indicators
- Assist management in evaluating business performance
- Serve as a business partner for specified functions of accounting and finance related questions
- Performs other ad hoc financial analysis, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field (master’s preferred)
- Professional certification CFA or CPA preferred
- 3-4 years of FP&A experience required
- Publicly traded company experience and a strong FP&A background preferred.
- Experience with international finance planning, analysis, and budgeting is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced Excel modeling skills with a solid understanding of financial systems and BI tools
- Hyperion, Tableau and MS Dynamics knowledge is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to communicate in both English and Spanish effectively
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to interact comfortably with all levels of management
- Ability to push business owners to follow processes and take ownership
- Highly organized, with the ability to multi-task, prioritize
- Ability to focus on the most critical tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be flexible, accommodating, and to deal with change effectively
- Customer Service Orientation – ability to gain trust of internal finance colleagues
- Teamwork – ability to work effectively in and foster a team environment