VP/ Corporate Controller
A growing, dynamic organization is seeking a strong VP/ Corporate Controller to join its accounting team. The VP/ Corporate Controller will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of financial accounting data in a variety of areas.
- Direct supervision of all accounting and financial functions.
- Supervision of the full cycle month-end and year-end close process including GL Accounting, intercompany reconciliations, monthly journal entries, supporting schedules (accruals, depreciation, amortization) and all aspects of the general ledger.
- Developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely internal and external financial reporting.
- Developing and monitoring compliance with the Company's accounting policies in accordance with US generally accepted accounting principles (US GAAP) and IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards).
- Leading SEC filings, including performing detailed review of the draft financial statements and ensuring accuracy and adequacy of the disclosures.
- Summarizing and documenting, on a monthly and annual basis, all significant corporate accounting adjustments.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Interfacing with external auditors for Sarbanes-Oxley matters; provide documentation and evidence of compliance.
- Coordinate the preparation of annual tax return with external auditors
- Proper analytical review of the asset operations from a balance sheet, income statement and cash flow perspective as well as an overall business perspective
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in accounting, finance or related field required
- Professional certification CPA or CMA required
- 8+ years’ experience in accounting and finance sector and managing accountants and the accounting and finance process.
- Public accounting (Big 4 ), publicly traded company and/or audit experience required
- Expert knowledge with financial statement preparation for all types of legal entities in accordance with US GAAP (US General Accepted Accounting Principles) and IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards).
- Strong knowledge of intercompany consolidation, multi-country consolidation, and transfer pricing.
- Dynamic leadership, hands-on, tactical execution required while building the team.
- Exceptional proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience with ERP Microsoft Dynamics 365 will be highly desirable
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner. Able to communicate in both English and Spanish effectively
- Able to handle multiple tasks and maintain control and order over same
- Exceptional work ethic
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Skilled in time management and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and must be comfortable working independently and in a team environment
- Ability to multitask efficiently in a fast-paced work environment
- · Responsive team player with ability to quickly prioritize among numerous pressing tasks
- · Task and goal oriented and capable of functioning in an entrepreneurial and corporate setting
- · Able to prioritize and work with multiple supervisors including the CFO