Our client located in the Northern Suburbs is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to add to our Accounting and Finance team. This position can be hybrid with a schedule to be determined by business needs. As a Senior Financial Analyst you will contribute by performing financial functions associated with planning and operational analyses to improve financial effectiveness.
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform statistical and financial analysis of highly complex business activities; prepare subsequent analysis reports and data for management.
- Assist with monthly/yearly financial close including procedures development, analysis of financial data and trends, determining reasons for past financial performance, and creation of monthly financial analyses utilized in the financial review and in support of the monthly financial reporting package.
- Review, maintain and enforce company policies and procedures regarding contract compliance and revenue and expense recognition.
- Create and maintain cost allocations to product lines on a quarterly basis.
- Design and prepare revenue and cost summaries by product line for senior management review.
- Meet quarterly with assigned business units to perform financial review, and to understand and communicate financial trends and events affecting business operations.
- Meet monthly with personnel outside of Finance to review and interpret their area's financial statements when necessary.
- Review, understand and update organizational and financial structures.
- Collaborate in the preparation, review and analysis of business forecast and budget submissions. Meet with business units to understand and document assumptions to forecast and budget.
- Prepare and explain revenue and cost summaries by product line for senior management review.
- Create necessary quantitative and qualitative budget/forecast review documents for the Executive Management Committee.
- Collaborate in the maintenance of the Financial Systems for financial structures in Oracle and Infor, account structure/definition/usage, coding, calculation rules, form updates and financial reports creation and maintenance.
- Provide insight for design, implementation, testing, and documentation of finance system projects in collaboration with internal/external stakeholders.
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field is required. CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Minimum seven years of professional financial reporting and analysis experience in a for-profit work environment required.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) required.
- Proven experience with financial information systems including Oracle Hyperion, SmartView/Essbase, Blackline, Lawson, or similar applications/tools. Advanced skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Highly proficient communication and analytical skills required.
- Demonstrated experience with complex modeling and analyses.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a demanding environment with required overtime.
- Highly attentive to details, organized and effective at managing multiple tasks simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.