Staff Accountant - Payroll
A growing, dynamic organization is seeking a strong Staff Accountant - Payroll to join its accounting team. The Staff Accountant - Payroll will report to the Controller and will be responsible for the timely and accurate processing of payroll and the preparation of financial accounting data related to payroll.
- Assist with the accounting close process including the preparation of journal entries related to payroll and benefits, account reconciliations, and variance analysis
- Manage bi-monthly payroll process including drafting and reconciling of payroll journal entries and serve as third party payroll software administrator and contact for the company
- Manage new hire on-boarding process, benefits administration, and employee payroll-related questions
- Conduct financial analysis on consolidated and project company results, including providing ongoing support for accounting manager and controller
- Monitor and maintain compliance with accounting policies and generally accepted accounting principles
- Responsible for any HR/401k related audits, payroll related compliance and payroll-tax filings
- Assist in investor and ad-hoc financial reporting requests
- Help improve and maintain internal controls
- Perform technical and accounting research surrounding a myriad of accounting issues
- Additional duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 3+ years of related accounting and payroll
- processing experience with demonstrated progression.
- Experience with Microsoft suite of products with intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with ERP and reporting systems preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.