Senior Auditor (Hybrid Seattle WA)
A growing, dynamic organization is seeking a strong Senior Auditor RAAS to join its corporate accounting team. The Senior Auditor will be responsible for performing end to end reviews of key business processes and controls in order to provide an independent assessment of their design and effectiveness. Further, they will leverage best practice to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
- Within the scope of assigned operational/financial projects, the below responsibilities should be performed with minimal guidance:
- Develop the planning and scoping for simple to moderately complex reviews to ensure appropriate audit coverage.
- Perform walkthroughs to develop understanding of processes & controls, identify areas of risk and develop tests accordingly.
- Perform testing, data analysis and benchmarking, as appropriate, to assess controls.
- Identify issues/opportunities to improve operations and the related root cause and impact.
- Conclude on the adequacy of management’s processes and internal controls to mitigate risk.
- Prepare reporting to communicate audit results.
- Lead meetings and present to management on issue/opportunities identified.
- Partner with management to develop appropriate action plans.
- Effectively manage project progress and status, including budget/milestone tracking and reporting.
- Follow up and report on the implementation status of management’s action plans.
- Adhere to the RAAS departmental policies and procedures, including ensuring consistency and completeness of working paper documentation and compliance with IIA Standards.
- Assist in the Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance program by performing testing of the effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Support the data driven assurance program by reviewing results and using judgment to determine potential control breakdowns and opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Assist with internal forensic investigations as assigned.
- Develop an effective working relationship with management to ensure RAAS is viewed as a partner for managing risk.
- Undertake relevant training, networking and studies as required to ensure continuing professional development.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, ideally in Accounting or Business.
- Professional certification, such as CPA or CIA is preferred (or in progress).
- Requires a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ relevant experience with a Big 4, management consulting firm or large/complex internal audit department (excluding internship).
- Travel of 10% - 20% may be required based on assigned audits, domestic or international.