Job Description (Hybrid):
In this role you will be reporting directly to the Director, Financial Planning & Analysis to support and interface with corporate and business leaders on financial needs, including budgeting and expense reporting. This includes mentorship of analysts, building robust Excel models, researching raw accounting data, creating reports and presentations and providing analysis and recommendations enabling leaders to make data-driven decisions. Must demonstrate strong analytical, critical thinking and communication skills and have the utmost professionalism.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drives objectives within the team and responsible for maintaining the periodic goals to meet the year end objectives
- Develops and/or assists in developing budgets, reporting, and forecasting of expense and capital projects; guide corporate functions and business teams in the budget process
- Manage and monitor Income Statements and consolidations for supported businesses and corporate functions. Drive actionable information and advice to corporate and business teams. Evaluate financial outcomes of various decision alternatives; advise on key business planning assumptions, identify, and quantify risks and/or opportunities
- Translate content needed for senior level presentations; ensure content provided meets requirements; assist in preparation of presentations for senior management
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and financial modeling support to the corporate function and business leader
- Implement standardized processes and utilize various reporting tools in order to provide efficient and transparency financial analysis
- Ability to develop recommendations/solutions to problems encountered in day to day work.
- Support close process and project reporting
- Supports financial integration activities
- Assist in preparation of presentations for senior management
- Seek out ways to continuously improve processes; support project analysis and input on business cases and provide additional support across corporate
- Provide direction and leadership to analysts across FP&A team
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- 5-8 years of related experience
- Advanced Tableau and Excel skills
- Intermediate skills in Snowflake, Salesforce, and SQL
- Experience working in Data Warehouse Environment
- Prefer experience with Adaptive and Workday
- Demonstrated proficiency with 5+ years of experience in a finance role with analysis experience or equivalent combination of experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or a quantitative discipline
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Insurance experience a plus but not required.
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS:
- Demonstrate effective financial, strategic, and executive leadership. She or he will appreciate the rigorous, analytical requirements of a public company, and have the ability to build the requisite infrastructure to support those needs within the business
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize work, and handle multiple projects and deadlines in a complex business environment
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Tableau and Workday G/L and Adaptive experience a plus but not required.
- Strong knowledge of Excel including Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPs and formulas
- Strong knowledge of financial statements (income statements, balance sheets and cash flows).
- Ability to work through shifting priorities and deadlines
- Highly motivated and natural self-starter, independent thinker, great planner, and team player
- Structured in thinking process and strong problem-solving skills, the ability to break down complex problems and find solutions
- Ability to cope with uncertainty, learn fast, motivated by new and complex challenges
- Manage information in a visually appealing and easy to understand method
- Drive results across a team of dynamic communicators and professionals
- Ability to quickly absorb complex issues, ensure alignment across cross-functional teams
- Possesses a continuous improvement mindset
- Financial Acumen – interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions
- Decision Quality – making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Resourcefulness – securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently
- Ensures Accountability – holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Builds Effective Teams – Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
- Collaborates – building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Manages Ambiguity – operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear