- Support the finance department functions so that the financial analyst can generate the monthly financial statements for all corporations and distribute to the VP of Finance and CFO
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement improvements to the systems and related processes in place to gather and post all information to the financial system.
- Analyze operating statements by department for questionable entries and determine accuracy of these entries.
- Ensure that documentation is available to support the accuracy of financial reporting and to ensure that such information is in conformity with GAAP and complies with other regulatory requirements.
- Oversee the organization’s capital purchasing processes to ensure purchases made are within the approved budget parameters and according to policy requirements.
- Participate in the organizational planning process and provide assistance in the annual budget process with department heads.
- Work with appropriate personnel to ensure that financial transactions are recorded properly.
- Review monthly actual results compared to budget, with the department heads, so that budgets are met.
- Ensure that policy and procedures in place are adequate to ensure proper accounting for and distribution of donor and board restricted funds.
- Ensure financial policies and procedures are adequate and documentation is current.
- Participate in the selection process for an audit firm and assist with preparation of the annual audit work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- At least 5 years of experience in accounting position.
- At least 3 years of experience in an Audit or CPA firm with some supervisory experience.