A publicly traded organization with global operations is seeking a Senior Policy Accountant to join its progressive corporate finance team. This individual will report to the Senior Manager of Policy Accounting and will be responsible for assisting with the external reporting process.
- Monitor changes to U.S. GAAP and advise Company on potential impacts.
- Establish, implement and maintain accounting policies/procedures in accordance with GAAP, SEC rules and other authoritative guidance. Modify and update policies and procedures as required.
- Provide assistance to external auditors during quarterly review and annual audit processes.
- Ensure support to key customers, including Treasury, Legal, Tax, Investor Relations and FP&A as needed.
- Support the development and maintenance of accounting policies; provide guidance on internal controls.
- Provides external reporting information to regulatory authorities as required and necessary.
- Lead/participate in special projects as assigned.
- BS degree in Accounting required and CPA preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in public accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including advanced Excel functionality.
- Strong analytical and technical accounting research skills
- Ability to understand and develop alternative solutions for issues and concerns.
- Strong attention to detail. Able to work with detail information, while also being able to perceive and define the larger/underlying issues and drivers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad group of users with different backgrounds and languages.
- Ability to coordinate resources required for completion of tasks/projects.