Our Chicago based client in the hospitality industry is seeking a Technical Project Manager for a minimum 6 month contract. The ideal candidate would be local to Chicago, but remote candidates may be considered as well. This person will be responsible for working with various technical teams through the project and achieve all the deliverables set in its scope. The Technical Project Manager will also be responsible for communicating with all stakeholders throughout the project initiation, planning, execution, control and closure.POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Creates, manages and executes project plans to support the ongoing needs of the Property Systems department.
• Coordinates resources, establishes deadlines and assigns responsibilities.
• Tracks the progress of projects and compiles status reports for senior management.
• Builds working relationships with team members, vendors and other departments involved in the projects.
• Relies on limited knowledge and professional discretion to achieve goals.
• Significant ingenuity and flexibility is expected.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must have technical team experience. Prefers candidates who have worked with onshore/offshore teams.
• Multiple application teams coordination required, extensive backlog of project enhancement requests to be managed from design/analysis/coding/testing/implementation..
• Technical IT knowledge is a must.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.