A growing, dynamic organization is seeking a strong Senior Accountant to join its progressive corporate accounting team. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures for all phases of the general ledger to identify and analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control and procedures.
- Compile and analyze financial information, prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Prepare audited financial statements, statutory statements and quarterly financial reporting for lenders.
- Enter monthly statistical and financial information that will be complied and consolidated in the Cube and Essbase.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports for management.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Company policy and other accepted policies and procedures to assure consistency in accounting practices.
- Continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities to look after the fact at what caused a difference between plan vs. actual including explanations of variances.
- Utilize the accounting infrastructure in a manner that reflect correct systems utilization that help the Organization in the planning and controlling of current and future operations and initiatives. Develop and maintain financial databases and associated records.
- Financial audit preparation and coordinate the audit process as it pertains to assigned accounts and responsibilities. Maintain and make sure Accounting processes are in compliance of Sarbanes-Oxley Act by doing ongoing analysis to ensure accurate financial disclosure.
- Analyze and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues in order to understand the financial condition of the company and identify specific areas where new policies should be implemented or existing ones revised. Provide strategic recommendations.
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures to provide direction and guidance in connection with those accounting transactions, procedures, and reports through the department.
- Prepare financial management reports for the organization, departments and projects and performs special projects, and analysis as required.
- Perform other job related functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Master’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- 3-5 years of related accounting experience with demonstrated progression.
- CPA or CPA tracking preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft suite of products with intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Great Plains, OLAP Cube software, AS/400, ERP systems, Reporter/FRx and Bloomberg experience, preferred.
- Experience with GL People Soft is strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.