A growing, dynamic organization is seeking a strong Controller to join its corporate accounting team. The Controller will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of financial accounting data in a variety of areas.
- Overall leadership and direction of the accounting staff, consisting of a team of general ledger accountants and clerical professionals.
- Lead month-end closing activities, including review of various journal entries, variance analysis, audit schedules and distribution of cost center reports and financial statements.
- Review balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly basis. Reconcile complex balance sheet accounts and investigate/resolve variances.
- Review a variety of financial statements such as expense analysis, trial balances, balance sheets, income statements and other related reports.
- Review and distribute customized financial reports by established monthly deadlines while ensuring for the quality, timeliness and integrity of data.
- Provides guidance on accounting matters such as implications of new accounting pronouncements or classification of transactions.
- Evaluate monthly financial results with CFO noting business results and trends.
- Provide support for the monthly forecasts and annual budgets.
- Assist with monthly board reports.
- Lead the annual audit process and direct staff accordingly.
- Perform special projects, as required, to assist the department and the Company in achieving its goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 5+ years of related accounting experience with demonstrated progression and past supervisory experience.
- CPA or CPA tracking preferred.
- Experience with Crystal Report/SQL data reporting required.
- Experience with Microsoft suite of products with intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with ERP and reporting systems required.
- Excellent communication skills.