Our client, a Chicago-based hospitality company that manages and franchises luxury hotels, resorts, and vacation properties, is looking to hire on a contract basis a Quality Assurance Analyst.
Reports to Quality Assurance Manager or Director. The Quality Assurance Analyst's role is to develop and establish quality assurance standards and measures for the information technology services within the organization.
The Quality Assurance Analyst responsibilities outlined below are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Quality Assurance Analyst POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work closely with product, design, and development team members to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements
• Create and execute test plans and scripts that will determine application quality.
• Manual testing of AEM components, pages, and headless CMS - Must have
• Communicate test progress, test results, and quality of application changes.
• Analyze test results to discover and report out on defects.
• Mentor other Quality Assurance analysts on the team
• Track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize results
• Assist in environment setup and management in preparation for test execution
• Use creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
• Use testing web technologies, services, and physical devices and an understanding of Java technologies, XML, JS, CSS, and HTML to deliver robust test suites
• Demonstrate a commitment to client's core values.
Quality Assurance Analyst EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• 5+ years direct experience as a senior tester level for major application integration and/or major application product release.
• Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies. Extensive experience with core software applications.
• Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using JIRA.
• Proficient in the preparation of test data and regression test scripts.
• Proficient in cross browser, cross platform web testing with SauceLabs or equivalent tools.
• Proficient in testing web services (REST and SOAP) testing using SoapUI, Postman or equivalent tools.
• Proficient in leveraging Splunk or similar tools to view system logs and troubleshoot potential defects.
• Sound knowledge of Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
• Direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs, automated testing tools, and reporting software.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Four year college degree or extensive experience in application test planning and execution for enterprise application.