IT Staff Auditor
A dynamic global organization that is an industry leader in its field is seeking a strong IT Staff Auditor to join its team. The IT Staff Auditor will report to the Director of Internal Audit and will be responsible for developing and executing comprehensive audit programs that are responsive to the IT, operational, and control risks across our client's organization.
- Partner with management to develop the annual IT audit plan including the annual risk assessment.
- Manage projects by communicating with technology team, establish project milestones and deadlines, monitor the progress of fieldwork, report progress to audit management, and propose modifications to current procedures to improve audit effectiveness and efficiency.
- Verifying the accuracy of the company’s internal records and compliance with corporate policies and procedures, applicable laws and government regulations.
- Examining and evaluating DP DHL’s information systems, management procedures, and internal controls to ensure that records are accurate and controls are adequate to protect against fraud and waste.
- Conduct test procedures, compile audit findings, document and communicate remediation plans, and complete work papers in compliance with established standards.
- As issues are identified, communicate issues and partner with process owners by offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk.
- Draft complete audit reports that describe issues identified and recommendations to improve the effectiveness or efficiency of business processes.
- Work independently with limited direction and guidance, and interact with senior management at all levels of the organization.
- Analyzing and ensuring proper documentation of business and IT processes, and providing an appraisal of internal control systems.
- Participate in special projects as requested by management. Contribute to the positive and team-oriented culture by maintaining cooperative relationships (assisting other project teams when necessary), facilitating the resolution of conflicts, sharing information, and accepting and providing feedback.
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Information Technology or a closely related discipline
- 2+ years of relevant work experience from Big 4 accounting firms and/or internal audit of established companies.
- Knowledgeable of COBIT, ITIL, ISO 27000 or any other globally recognized IT framework. Formal training on one or more of these is a plus.
- Hands-on experience administering operating systems such as UNIX/LINUX/Microsoft Windows or ORACLE Databases.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Suite
- Intermediate-level knowledge of IT general controls (security, change management, computer operations), system development lifecycle methodology, database design and operations management.
- In-depth knowledge of business processes, as well as process controls and risks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A high degree of interpersonal skills, time management and organizational skills are necessary.
- Self-starter, proven leadership ability, history of high level/quality performance and accomplishments
- Ability to travel up to 40% within the Americas
- Proficiency in Spanish or Portuguese is a plus