A dynamic global organization that is an industry leader in its field is seeking a strong Internal Auditor to join its team. The Internal Auditor will report to the Director of Internal Audit and will be responsible for leading financial, operational, and SOX based engagements across multiple locations and business units.
- Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- Prepare and execute data analysis and interpret the results based on requirements to support the Express audit department and the Data Analytics team
- Develop automation for data analysis to increase audit efficiency
- Review and evaluate the internal control environment and develop specific analyses of strengths and weaknesses, along with recommended improvements.
- Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and administers surveys, composes summary memos, and prepares working papers.
- Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
- Communicates or assists in effectively communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports, which are complete and prepared in a timely manner.
- Informs management of progress and/or difficulties encountered during the audit.
- Build and maintain solid relationships with key stakeholders, especially in the business IT area
- BS degree information technology, computer science, engineering, business administration or related field required.
- 2- years of experience audit, accounting, or finance
- 2+ years of experience in data analytics, preferably within DHL Express
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices.
- Ability to detect and document weaknesses in internal controls.
- Ability to travel up to 40% within the Americas.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including advanced Excel functionality.
- Knowledge and experience in process mining (e.g. ACL, DISCO, Signavio), programming and coding (e.g. Python, R, C/C++/C#, Visual Basic), database query languages (e.g. SQL), cloud computing (Azure, AWS, RPA), Power BI, Tableau, Qlik Sense, KNIME
- Strong analytical and technical accounting research skills
- Ability to understand and develop alternative solutions for issues and concerns.
- Strong attention to detail. Able to work with detail information, while also being able to perceive and define the larger/underlying issues and drivers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad group of users with different backgrounds and languages.
- Ability to coordinate resources required for completion of tasks/projects.
- Proficiency in Spanish or Portuguese preferred.