A private equity owned manufacturing company that is an industry leader in its field is seeking a strong Senior M&A Analyst to join its corporate finance team. The Senior M&A Analyst will report to the VP of M&A and will focus on supporting a range of Corporate Development activities which include supporting the team in deal sourcing, valuation, due diligence, synergy tracking, executive presentation, post-close and strategy projects.
- Lead deal management activities, including diligence planning, diligence updates, data room management and deal team communications.
- Assist in the development of financial projections for acquisition targets. Performs discounted cash flow analysis to determine valuations, and validate comparable market and transaction valuation methodologies.
- Supports the team in developing evaluation criteria to analyze the costs and potential benefits of potential acquisitions.
- Assist in the Due Diligence process for acquisitions integrating the findings from Legal, Finance, Accounting, Tax, Human Resources, and Operations into the studies.
- Assist in identification of acquisition targets through the analysis of customers, products, markets, geographies, issues, and competitors.
- Assist with the preparation of presentations that support the approval of acquisitions by the senior leadership team and for the Board of Directors.
- Supports the team with integration hand-off by ensuring all diligence is documented and integrated and support the investment thesis development.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 3+ years of related accounting and finance experience with demonstrated progression
- Ability to analyze and interpret a wide variety of materials including technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Skills to interpret financial statements and analyze historical performance for possible M&A opportunities, and make complex models for deal scenarios.
- Experience with Microsoft suite of products with intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Large company experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of various ERP and reporting systems required
- Excellent communication skills