Junior Tax Accountant
A growing, dynamic organization is seeking a strong Junior Tax Accountant to join its corporate tax team. The Junior Tax Accountant will report to the Controller and will be responsible for tax compliance, accounting, and research/planning in various federal, state, and international areas.
- Help prepare Federal, State, and International tax returns, extensions and quarterly estimated tax payments at the corporate level and for related subsidiaries.
- Review, prepare, document and organize tax workpapers for income and franchise tax returns.
- Respond to taxing authority notices on tax matters.
- Maintain tax calendar to assure all tax returns and tax payments are filed timely.
- Perform tax research for tax audit defense and state tax law updates.
- Interact with each entity’s accounting department to gather the necessary financial information for tax returns and tax estimates compliance.
- Prepare tax information request package for each entity.
- Assist in review of annual tax provision calculation and ASC740 analysis.
- Assist in federal and state tax audit defense.
- Improve and coordinate processes related to fixed asset maintenance for tax books.
- Update and maintain tax preparation software.
- Revises procedures by developing and streamlining procedures and worksheets for calculation of tax provisions.
- Identify and coordinate tax savings opportunities in non-income tax areas (e.g. property, sales and use, payroll).
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 2+ years' tax experience required
- 7+ years of construction project accounting and construction loan draws experience
- 4 + years of experience using Sage 300 CRE
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel & Access) and Timber Scan
- Experience in both public accounting and industry experience are preferred
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Detail oriented; strong research and analytical skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills and interpersonal skills; solid team player