Construction Project Accountant
A growing, dynamic organization is seeking a strong Construction Project Accountant to join its progressive corporate accounting team. The Construction Project Accountant will report to the Controller and will be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of financial accounting data in a variety of areas.
- Perform month-end closing activities, including preparation of various journal entries, variance analysis, audit schedules and distribution of cost center reports and financial statements.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly basis. Reconcile complex balance sheet accounts and investigate/resolve variances.
- Prepare and review a variety of financial statements such as expense analysis, trial balances, balance sheets, income statements and other related reports.
- Prepare and distribute customized financial reports by established monthly deadlines while ensuring for the quality, timeliness and integrity of data.
- Provides guidance on accounting matters such as implications of new accounting pronouncements or classification of transactions.
- Evaluate monthly financial results with Accounting Manager noting business results and trends.
- Provide support for the monthly forecasts and annual budgets.
- Assist with monthly board reports.
- Act as a resource during the annual audit.
- Participate in documentation and testing of key internal controls.
- Obtain and file new vendor W-9’s reviewing log weekly and update any expired certificates.
- Assist with subcontractor management, invoicing requirements, and timeliness of deliverables.
- Perform special projects, as required, to assist the department and the Company in achieving its goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- 2+ years of construction project accounting and construction loan draws experience.
- 3+ years of related accounting experience with demonstrated progression.
- 4+ years of experience using Sage 300 and working knowledge of TimberScan.
- CPA or CPA tracking preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite of products with intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Experience with ERP and reporting systems preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.