Accounts Payable Manager
An industry leading organization is looking for an Accounts Payable Manager to join its accounting team. The Accounts Payable Manager will report to the Director of Treasury and will be responsible for reviewing and paying invoices in a timely manner consistent with accounting department policies.
- Manages AP department including, Customer Vendor Relations, and the AP disbursement group which handles all check disbursements, 1099 and tax related matters for three ERP systems.
- Manages accounting functions including maintenance of general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and project accounting; ensures accuracy and timeliness.
- Develops, implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies, including accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of Timberscan approval workflow.
- Manages monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensures accuracy of financial statements.
- Enters status change information into project accounting software to ensure employee information is accurate and up to date.
- Provides accounting assistance to project managers and operations staff; responds to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs.
- Acts as a liaison between the company, government and external accountants to meet information needs and to ensure that proper information is maintained for historical purposes.
- Selects and hires employees for the groups mentioned above. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivates and rewards employees including providing salary increases, bonuses and promotions within allocated budgets and company guidelines.
- Prepares and recommends operating and personnel budgets for approval. Monitors spending for adherence to budget, recommends variances as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
- Three or more years of accounts payable experience
- One to three years of leadership experience
- Experience in construction and real estate required
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel & Word)
- Experience in Timberscan and Sage 300 CRE, preferred
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting accountants, clients, and upper management
- Good communication skills for communicating with support personnel and management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good presentation skills for educating internal clients on accounting principles
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work