Brilliant Financial Staffing has been engaged in the search for a Billing Specialist with our client located in Chicago, IL. Our client is well-established international law firm. They are looking for an experienced Billing Specialist to join their team on a direct hire basis. This Billing Specialist will be working alongside a team of 2 individuals in the billing department. The Billing Specialist's primary responsibility will be creating and sending out invoices to customers. The ideal Billing Specialist will be able to start as soon as possible.
- Coordinate with Partners, Attorneys and Secretaries to manage time entries and edits, adjustments, write-downs, rate management and bill posting.
- Work directly with e-billing team to ensure that invoices that require electronic invoices are submitted timely.
- Preparation and processing of high quality invoices. Prepare invoices in customized formats as required by clients and Partners. Perform override calculations and changes. Initiate requests for supporting documentation and review for accuracy.
- Help to coordinate follow up on outstanding WIP and receivables. Work with assigned Partners to actively address aged unbilled fees and costs.
- Assist Collections team with identification and reconciliation of payments received.
- Provide basic financial data and analysis.
- Work with billers and attorneys in other offices as needed
- College degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of three years of legal billing experience; Immigration billing experience preferred
- Experience with Elite Enterprise strongly preferred
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills • Ability to prioritize effectively