Director of Procurement
An industry leading organization is looking for a Director of Procurement to join its accounting team. The Director of Procurement will be responsible for supervising direct reports and working with internal customers while maintaining an understanding of the lifecycle of procurement and purchasing.
• Ensure that all procurement and contracting activities are performed in accordance with state statutes and federal and state laws.
• Assist in the management of establishing or revising procurement policies and procedures and communicating with vendors.
• Perform continued analysis and review of objectives in order to measure operational effectiveness.
• Assist in the post-award management of contracts, agreements, as well as its’ respective methods of payments, so to ensure compliance to state, federal or university regulations.
• Assist in the development and management of communication, using various methods, such as emails, list-serves and/or the updates to the procurement website.
• Develops, implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies, including accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
• Manages monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensures accuracy of financial statements.
• Provides accounting assistance to project managers and operations staff; responds to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs.
• Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field required
• Master’s degree in the appropriate area of specialization preferred
• 4-6 years of related experience
• One or more years of leadership experience
• Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software
• Experience with Microsoft Suite
• Must have large ERP AP system experience
• Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
• Strong interpersonal skills for interacting accountants, clients, and upper management
• Good communication skills for communicating with support personnel and management
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Good presentation skills for educating internal clients on accounting principles
• Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
• Knowledge of modern principles and practices of procurement and supply-chain management
• Knowledge of business practices related to procurement
• Knowledge of laws, policies and procedures governing public procurement