Our client located in Boca Raton, Florida in the Educational industry is seeking a Supplier Coordinator This is a contract to Hire Position.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for coordination and execution of supplier onboarding process.
- Manage suppliers within the University’s supplier database; and ensure proper governance of suppliers.
- Establish framework for supplier data monitoring for existing suppliers.
- Maintain proper supplier information and documentation for both internal and external audits.
- Assist with the development and communication of supplier management standards, processes, and procedures in alignment with other related University policies and procedures.
- Play a key role in brainstorming sessions cross-functionally to provide better efficiency through automation of existing and manual processes where appropriate.
- Coordinate with other key areas to ensure unified global supplier risk and onboarding procedures.
- Responsible for providing guidance to the University community on the process required to register new suppliers, as well as supplier record(s) maintenance across all commodities.
- First point of contact for areas of the business seeking guidance on the onboarding process.
- Support resolution of supplier onboarding in-progress, inquiries, issues, incidents, service requests, escalations, etc.
- Support various ad-hoc projects supporting system enhancements, process improvements, and other to ensure timely system updates and accuracy.
- Verify suppliers are fully compliant with all documentation, and effectively manage escalations within and across internal and partner teams.
- Oversight of the progress of each engagement and ensuring the business units are following the correct procedures and providing advice and guidance as required.
- Validate the completeness of the onboarding process as well as supplier changes.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communication – excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort collaborating with senior company leadership.
- Training – ensure vendors understand the onboarding process and required documents.
- Analytical – solid analytical skills geared towards troubleshooting, with the ability to solve complex problems using simple solutions.
- Detail-Oriented – exceptional attention to detail with the ability to consistently produce accurate work, manage time, multi-task and prioritize work in a high paced environment.
- Team Player – strong people skills and outstanding customer service to support users effectively.
- Problem-Solving – handle conflicting priorities and goals.
- High ethical standards with proven track record to handle highly confidential and critical information, excellent judgment, discretion, and tact.
- Skilled in synthesizing facts, concepts, and principles.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong organizational, communication, relationship management and influencing skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field.
- 2 years (or more) of relevant experience including business, purchasing or accounts payable, preferred.
- Strong understanding of procurement processes operationalized through a Procure to Pay cycle.
Department: Controller’s Office
Location: Boca Raton