A growing, dynamic organization is seeking a strong Staff Accountant to join its corporate accounting team. The Staff Accountant is primarily responsible for general ledger accounting, assisting with monthly financial statement analysis and assisting with special projects.
- Perform month-end closing activities, including preparation of various journal entries.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Prepare bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Support operational accounting personnel in the areas of A/P, A/R, or Payroll as needed, including maintenance of vendor records, year-end 1099 processing, etc.
- Assist with monthly preparation of financial reports and financial statements under the guidance of senior level accounting personnel.
- Act as a resource during the annual audit by providing supporting documentation as requested.
- Perform special projects, as required, to assist the department and the Company in achieving its goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Up to 2 years of related accounting and analytical experience with demonstrated stability.
- Experience with Microsoft suite of products with intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with GAAP and major accounting software packages for general ledger accounting preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.