Our client, a real estate investment organization, is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team for a six month engagement. The Senor Accountant would report to the Controller and will oversee all accounting and reporting related to an assigned portfolio. This is a great opportunity for someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit who is consistently evaluating processes to determine if there is an opportunity to innovate.
The Senior Accountant will be focused on:
- Performing all daily accounting duties including managing cash receipts processing, recording AR, processing monthly accruals, prepaid expense amortization, fixed asset depreciation, ensuring revenue and receivables are allocated and reconciled properly, and posting reclassification entries.
- Managing bank accounts and general treasury process for assigned portfolio.
- Evaluating processes for continuous improvement and assisting with the implementation of internal controls.
- Supporting the daily, monthly, and annual financial operations process including budget development, review, and analysis.
- Preparing financial statements and disclosures for financial reporting and year-end audit support.
- Strong attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who is strong with relationship development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- 3-5+ years of experience with month-end close and reporting.