A family owned construction company is seeking a strong Project Accountant to join its accounting team. This position is accountable for ensuring project billings and waivers are issued to customers, project compliance is maintained, and for monitoring the progress of projects.
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) and other staff as necessary, regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Assist setting up projects in the accounting/ERP system.
- Manage contract and subcontract workflows, waivers, billings and collections.
- Follow up internally and externally to ensure timely payment on project billings.
- Report to management on any opportunities for additional billings.
- Assist PM’s creating project-related billings.
- Investigate project expenses not billed to customers.
- Respond to requests for more detail from customers with regard to billing, payment, and financial pre-qualifications.
- Close out accounting on projects, and in tandem with the PM, provide final project reconciliation with the GC upon project completion and final payment. Participate in job/ project post-mortems from time to time as needed.
- Audit projects for adherence to contract, etc.
- Create and submit required government and other reports related to projects (e.g. OCIP/CCIP, DOL, Unions, Certified Payroll.)
- Manage compliance documents related to projects including, COI’s, contracts, change orders, waivers, etc.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business or accounting; preferred, but not required.
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in a construction accounting environment.
- Detailed knowledge of construction contracts and construction industry documentation.
- Experience with SMB Accounting/ERP systems; Acumatica a plus.
- Advanced computer skill sets in Excel, Bluebeam, Outlook, Office365, Teams, Zoom, BIM 360 Docs etc.
- Excellent organizational, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a team and independently.
- Deadline driven, dependable and reliable.
- Ability to problem solve and provide recommendations and solutions to meet business requirements.