A mid sized specialty construction organization is seeking a strong GL Senior Accountant to join its progressive corporate accounting team. The Senior Accountant will report to the Controller and will be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of financial accounting data in a variety of areas.
- Perform month-end closing activities, including preparation of various journal entries, variance analysis, audit schedules and distribution of cost center reports and financial statements.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly basis. Reconcile complex balance sheet accounts and investigate/resolve variances.
- Prepare and review a variety of financial statements such as expense analysis, trial balances, balance sheets, income statements and other related reports.
- Prepare and distribute customized financial reports by established monthly deadlines while ensuring for the quality, timeliness and integrity of data.
- Evaluate monthly financial results with Controller noting business results and trends.
- Provide support for the monthly forecasts and annual budgets.
- Perform special projects, as required, to assist the department and the Company in achieving its goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 3+ years of related accounting experience with demonstrated progression.
- CPA or CPA tracking required.
- Construction industry preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft suite of products with intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with ERP and reporting systems preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.