A specialty construction organization is seeking a strong Senior Staff Accountant to join its corporate accounting team. The Senior Staff Accountant will report to the Corporate Controller and will be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of financial accounting data in a variety of areas.
- Perform month-end closing activities, including preparation of various journal entries.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Prepare bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Support operational accounting personnel in the areas of A/P, A/R, or Payroll as needed.
- Assist with monthly preparation of financial reports and financial statements under the guidance of senior level accounting personnel.
- Act as a resource during the annual audit by providing supporting documentation as requested.
- Perform special projects, as required, to assist the department and the Company in achieving its goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 2+ years of related accounting experience with demonstrated stability.
- Construction industry/job costing required.
- CPA or CPA tracking preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft suite of products with intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with ERP and reporting systems preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.