A publicly traded organization with global operations is seeking a Financial Reporting Analyst to join its progressive corporate finance team. The Financial Reporting Analyst will report to the CFO and will be responsible for managing the external reporting process.
- Manage the preparation and coordination of SEC 10-Q/K filings including all financial statements, footnotes and Management’s Discussion & Analysis.
- Maintain internal controls for reporting processes and SEC filings.
- Research potential impact of new accounting and SEC standards on financial statements and disclosures.
- Provide assistance to external auditors during quarterly review and annual audit processes.
- Ensure support to key customers, including Treasury, Legal, Tax, Investor Relations and FP&A as needed.
- Support the development and maintenance of accounting policies; provide guidance on internal controls.
- Provides external reporting information to regulatory authorities as required and necessary.
- Execute XBRL filing procedures.
- Lead/participate in special projects as assigned.
- BS degree in Accounting required and CPA preferred.
- 1+ years of experience in Big 4 public accounting, with experience working on publicly traded clients or related SEC reporting experience within a corporate environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including advanced Excel functionality.
- Strong analytical and technical accounting research skills
- Ability to understand and develop alternative solutions for issues and concerns.
- Strong attention to detail. Able to work with detail information, while also being able to perceive and define the larger/underlying issues and drivers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad group of users with different backgrounds and languages.
- Ability to coordinate resources required for completion of tasks/projects.