A midsized construction services organization is seeking a strong Sales and Use Tax Specialist to join its progressive corporate tax team. The Tax Specialist will report to the Senior Tax Analyst and will be responsible for tax compliance in non-income tax areas.
- Preparation of sales/use and property tax returns and realize full discounts when available.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for sales/use and property tax.
- Manage payment of property tax for the consolidated group.
- Assist with tax audits, preparation of responses to notices, and other tax-related inquiries.
- Assist in maintaining the tax compliance calendar.
- Assist tax management by performing research to build tax matrices for this functional area for distribution to Corporate and Operating Company staff.
- Perform tax research in support of indirect tax planning and compliance. Draft technical memos in support of conclusions and provide recommendations to tax management.
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvement within the compliance and provision process, especially with respect to utilization of technology.
- Support SOX compliance for the Tax area.
- Assist tax management in maintaining current relationships with other finance team members with whom we collaborate.
- Cross-training on select income tax matters as schedule permits.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Master's Degree in Accounting or Tax a plus
- Minimum 2+ years' tax experience required
- Experience in both public accounting and industry experience are preferred
- C.P.A. preferred
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Detail oriented; strong research and analytical skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills and interpersonal skills; solid team player