Brilliant Financial Staffing has been engaged in a search for a Commercial Collections Specialist for our client located near Chicago, IL. Our client is in the manufacturing industry, and they are currently an industry leading organization. The Commercial Collections Specialist will be hired on permanently after completing a 6-month temporary period. The Commercial Collections Specialist will be responsible for reaching out to both business and consumer customers to collect on accounts that are 30, 60, 90 days past due. This Commercial Collections Specialists primary responsibilities include collecting on payments over the phone or via email and creating invoices to bill customers. The ideal candidate would be able to phone interview and then start shortly after.
Commercial Collections Specialist Responsibilities:
- Proactively contact customers regarding payment utilizing various collection tools including past due notices, demand letters, etc.
- Maintain strong internal and external customer relations and follow up on any necessary information needed to obtain payment
- Achieve daily call volume goals
- Identify and negotiate approved payment arrangements on past due balances within collection guidelines and laws and maintaining a strong customer relationship
- Provide updates by identifying any issues impacting collections, reason for being past due and action being taken to collect or resolve a dispute on AR update calls
- Offer solutions to customers who are having payment issues or disputes
- Monitor COD and Credit Card orders to ensure payments are received right away
- Monitor any changes in payment pattern and recommend customer for credit evaluation
- Review orders on hold for release
- Other duties as assigned
Commercial Collections Specialist Qualifications:
· 3+ years of recent commercial/B2B collections ONLY
· Strong Excel, can modify Pivot Tables and VLOOKUPs, must be system savvy