Test Automation Engineer – Contract
Our client is looking for a Test Automation Engineer. Our client is a transportation management company that provides multi-modal solutions throughout North America, including intermodal, truck brokerage and logistics services The Test Automation Engineer role is a one year contract role (with potential for extension) located Oak Brook, IL. This position will start remotely and eventually be on site.
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and other domain teams to understand features, develop, and automate test cases to improve product quality and shorten release time from dev to production.
- Automating tests using internal and open-source tools.
- Coordinating and driving E2E testing with cross-domains.
- Being able to identify the manual processes and solve through automation.
- Reviewing user interfaces for user experience, conformity, and functionality.
- Working with software engineers to understand product architecture and features.
- Create and maintain data scenarios to support test plans and test cases.
- Analyzing test results, being a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
- Documenting and track bugs to closure.
- Working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high-quality software.
- Bachelors or Masters in CS or related degrees.
- Minimum of 3+ years of hands-on experience in software development in test automation and concurrent coding skills in Java.
- Test automation experience using open-source technologies and/or in-house frameworks.
- Experience in API testing (REST and Microservices).
- Experience in UI and Mobile Testing.
- Experience with test frameworks like Junit, TestNG, Katalon.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.